Wow, This past Sunday’s service was incredible. The worship music brought tears of joy and celebration to my eyes.
Bonita shared about the work she and Eddie are doing in Rwanda and how the containers we sent three years ago are still making an impact all over Rwanda.
Charlie Bruce was at church on Sunday and he came up to the front of the sanctuary and shared about how people had been praying for him. That young man inspires me so much. Here is the blog site about his journey: http://abigheartwithalittlehole.weebly.com
At this point in the service I was so blessed to be in God’s house, with his people and to share the word of God.
Here is a portion of what I shared on Sunday about the book of Psalm
- The book of Psalm is the 19th book of the bible
- The book of Psalm has 150 chapters
- It is the longest book in the bible
- The book of Psalm is actually split into 5 books
- Book 1 is chapters 1 to 41
- Book 2 is chapters 42 to 72
- Book 3 is chapters 73 to 89
- Book 4 is chapters 90 to 106
- Book 5 is chapters 107 to 150
- According to biblical scholars
- The book of Psalm was written over a 854 year period. The writings were taken from between the time of Moses until the Babylonian captivity.
- David wrote 73 psalms
- Asaph wrote 12 psalms
- The sons of Korah wrote 9 psalms
- Solomon wrote 2 psalms
- Heman (with the sons of Korah) wrote 1 psalm
- Ethan wrote 1 psalm
- Moses wrote 1 psalm
- 51 psalms are anonymous
- The New Testament ascribes 2 of the anonymous psalms (Psalms 2 and 95) to David (see Acts 4:25; Hebrews 4:7)
- The book of Psalm and Proverbs are the only books that had more than one writer.
- What is a Psalm:
- A Psalm Is a Poem
- A Psalm Is a Song
- A Psalm Is an Expression of Worship
- The Psalms Are Prayers
- The Psalms Are Praise
- The shortest chapter in the book of Psalms is Psalm 117 it has only 2 verses.
- The longest chapter in the book of Psalms and also in the entire bible is Psalm 119. It has 176 verses.
I am looking forward to worshipping with you on Sunday.