Renewed: Do Not Copy
Cory Illingworth – Renewed: Do Not Copy
November is Renewed Month at Celebration. We kicked-off the Renewed series at Sunday’s service, giving us the opportunity to confess our sins and come alive to God. From November 1 to 22, 2015 each sermon will focus on us being Renewed in our relationship with God.
If you were unable to be at Celebration this past Sunday take a listen to the sermon in our podcasts.
This coming Sunday Matt Adams will be delivering a sermon on giving God our minds. On November 15, Cory Illingworth will be delivering a sermon on giving God control.
Then comes our fall Spiritual Renewal Weekend. The Spiritual Renewal Weekend will be November 20, 21 and 22. Matt Adams will be sharing on the Friday night, prayer focus on Saturday morning, Kristen Adams will be sharing Saturday night and Fred Hill will be sharing Sunday morning. Come and let’s be Renewed together.
I want to take the opportunity to thank all of the adults, youth and young adults for all of their help during the Amaze-Thing that was held here at the church on October 31st. I know Nicky will be acknowledging each of you, but you need to hear it from me as well. I was so blessed and encouraged by how hard all of you worked, no wait….SERVED. It was incredible. From the kitchen crew, to the prayer team in the parents lounge, to the young adults and adults who did check-in and check-out, from the set-up crew to the take-down crew, to those who came for 5 minutes to help, to those who came for over 20 hours, to those who helped kids and parents climb through the bouncers and finally to Nicky. Nicky thank you for your leadership, organization and genuine desire to see kids have fun in church – Well Done!
Dear Celebration Body. God is awesome. Pause and say that. Feel free to say it right now. I have been choosing to say, ‘God is awesome’, since last Thursday. It is truly freeing when we daily take time to say to God that He is awesome.
Here are a few reasons why I think God is awesome:
– He is God
– He loves us
– He wants to be in relationship with us
– He cares so much about us
– He is the Creator of all things
– He loves Celebration church and all of us
– He has put together an incredible leadership team here at Celebration
– He is awesome because on Saturday the Lighthouse ministry served families of Regina in need
– He is awesome because on Sunday the ARRIVE ministry served and blessed new families in the city of Regina
– He is awesome because He has called us to reach out to our community, city, country and to the corners of the earth
God you are awesome!
A huge thank you to the ARRIVE team, the Sunday service team, Warren and Maureen for giving leadership during the church service this past week. Well done!
Things we would like you to know:
1. Amaze-Thing happens this Saturday night. Be praying for the event and check out Nicky’s announcements in the kid’s section of this week’s e-news about way to get involved.
2. November is our Renewed month as a church. We are setting aside the month of November to be renewed in our relationship with God. Start praying this week and asking God to show you how to renew your journey with Him. The Renewed month kicks off this Sunday at church. November 1 will be a unique Sunday in your church attendance life. Praying for you now.
There will also be a November devotional packet available on Sunday.
3. November 20 to 22, 2015 is our Spiritual Renewal Weekend. Friday night – Matt Adams/Saturday night – Kristen Adams/Sunday morning – Fred Hill. We invite you to start praying into this weekend.
Blessings. Peace. Prayer.
In 1950, an 18 year old German girl left her family and all that she knew to come to Canada. After experiencing the darkest days of World War II she arrived here in Canada. This past Sunday Gerda shared her story with our church. Please take time to listen today to Gerda’s story in our Sunday morning sermon section of our website or click here.
This coming Sunday the ARRIVE ministry will be sharing about the work the Lord has called them to do. Come and join us at church at 10am this Sunday to here of how God continues to bring people to Canada.
Please be in prayer for Cam, Cory, Fred, Kristen, Matt, Maxine and Nicky as they attend a Church Renewal Conference from Friday to Monday this week at Southland Community Church in Steinbach, MB.
Blessings on you and your week.
Gerda Smith’s Story
Cory Illingworth – Gerda Smith’s Story