This past Sunday Fred and I shared about our trip to Camrose, Alberta for the first ever ARC Life Together Days. It was a great time of connecting with other pastors and leaders from around the prairies. It also gave us a wonderful chance to connect more with Mike Bradley from ARC (Alliance of Renewal Churches).
At our AGM on the 17th, we shared that we wanted to be more intentional about our relationship with ARC. This conference provided us with that very opportunity. We were able to hear about their vision and “non negotiable values”.
Even though we preached about it on Sunday, I wanted to put them down here in writing for you all to read and reflect on. From what I read, saw and experienced – I believe ARC is a good fit for us as a church and I am looking forward to continuing our relationship with them.
On another note, the website I shared on Sunday seems to still be under construction but should be live soon. This website will allow for you (or your family) to access a list of needs of people in our own city that you can than sign up to fill. I encourage you to check back to the site often and pray about which needs you can fill as an individual, a family, a small group, etc.
Alliance of Renewal Churches
Vision: Helping leaders and congregations live on the radical edge with God, kicking at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.
Non Negotiable Values:
1) Creating an Atmosphere Beneficial for Kingdom Ministry – We are a network committed to creating and sustaining an atmosphere beneficial for kingdom relationships, transformation, and mission.
2) The Lordship of Christ – We are committed to operating under the headship of Jesus Christ as Lord of the Church and to discovering and doing His will.
3) The Bible: God’s Word – We believe the Word of God is without error. It works with the Spirit to equip and empower Christians for every good work.
4) Consistent, Contending Prayer – Everything Jesus said and did was birthed out of and bathed in prayer. The ARC itself was birthed out of prayer. We are committed to consistently contend in prayer for all of God’s purposes in and through ARC leaders and congregations.
5) Radical Dependence on the Empowering Presence of the Holy Spirit – The ARC is a network in which the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit are celebrated, not merely tolerated. We are committed to fostering a radical dependence upon the Holy Spirit.
6) Revelatory Decision Making – We choose to make decisions based on hearing God’s voice. We believe we hear Him through His Word, prayer, fellow believers, circumstances, and personal encounter with the Holy Spirit.